Subject: [Leica] Re: 90/2.8 - non ROM and priority modes
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 14:01:21 -0600

Ted and other LUGs,

I had this query made of me as to a 90/2.9-R non-ROM lens:

>"However, it is my understanding (from the photographer who
>shoots for USC publications and Leica user) that without the ROM
>modules some of the priority modes will not work (I'm not sure
>on this one since I don't have a lens, but the F & P priority)
>Is this true? "

I answered that as far as I knew it was not true and that the ROM chip was
used to adjust to zoom lens settings and measure the f stop a little better.
I'm sure that it has no affect on A, P, or S settings.  What about measuring
with the flash meter on F???  I don't remember the instruction manual saying
anything about this, but then, it has been while since I had an R8 or the
manual.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK