Subject: [Leica] Leica PS which class..........................
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 14:27:43 -0500

Bob wrote:

>As an example of what would happen, please consider that the Leica
P&S's are
>not in their own class. I have no doubt that Canon and Olympus will
produce
>equal if not superior models to those of the Solms's best P&S's. For
all I
>know, the major Japanese outfits might be producing 'Leica' P&S for
Solms.

As a new and now not so proud owner of the Leica Mini III,  I can
attest to the fact that if it is in a class by itself, it would be akin
to bulk mail class, or better yet slooowwwwww freight or perhaps more
appropriate yet,  akin to a  "red eye" flight.  If Leica puts out an AF
body with the same performance as the Mini........   Oskar's
descendents might ask to have his name removed from Leica literature.

I think I would pay money to see Ted's face when he tries it out!

Duane