Subject: [Leica] Leatherette replacement kit?
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 07:16:09 -0500

At 09:19 PM 2/2/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Norman Milks wrote:

".....The camera will work fine without the vulcanite, can be repaired and
>give good service. The solution is to remove all the vulcanite and
>recover the body with leatherette.  There is a kit to do this on the M
>cameras, it was discussed on the LUG some months ago."

Anyone have details on this kit? I just sent my M4 to Leica in NJ for
overhaul and asked for an estimate on fixing leatherette, replacing missing
sections. Any info would be appreciated.

Bill Franson
Corporate, Editorial, and Fine Art Photography
bfranson@greennet.net

Byfield, MA