Subject: Re: [Leica] 16mm Hologon
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 98 10:06:57 -0000

>Hi, LUGnuts:
>Does anybody know anything about the 16mm Zeisss Ho9logon T* f/8 lens in a
>Leica M mount that Tamarkin is advertising?  I'm tempted!  Tina

Hi Tina,

For some time now I=B4ve been using a Hologon. But, rather than =
getting a conversion I bought a Contax G2 body for the lens.

The Hologon is in many respects an exciting and intresting lens. But =
one thing is for sure, it=B4s not a "news lens"! For a serious =
photojournalist it=B4s a very slow and awkward lens. I take mine =
along, but keep it in the bag most of the time. Yes. you can get =
spectacular shots with the Hologon, but not very spontanous ones! I =
prefer my 21mm Super-Angulon for wide-angled news pictures.

If I still had the money I paid for my G2-Hologon combo I would buy a =
Noctilux! But I understand you already have one of those, Tina.

Claes