Subject: Re: [Leica] Give it up?
From: leover@knoware.nl
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:52:25 GMT

Hello Norman,=20

About five years ago I took my IIIf to the local Leica importer in the
Netherlands for a CLA-job. As large parts of the vulcanite were
missing, they offered to replace it with M-stuff. I'm not sure which
M-type the material was originally meant for - they had to trim as
well as join parts - but they did a nice job. I use it since then and
it feels and looks still perfect. I'm wouldn't know if Leica USA can
do the same for your camera, but you can always ask them.

>After having the vulcanite twice repaired around the hinge post near the
>baseplate on my IIIF, it has fallen off again.  This piece was repaired =
by 2
>different gents whose names have been mentioned many times on the LUG.  =
I am