Subject: [Leica] Contax/Zeiss
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:08:00 -0600

I keep seeing posts that imply that Contax lenses are *Zeiss*.  I wonder
just how much Zeiss have to do with the lenses used on Contax cameras.  Do
they simply supply the optical formulae?  Do they also design the mounts?
Do they supply any physical part of lenses?  Do they simply lend Contax the
prestige of the Zeiss name?  Are Contax lenses no more Zeiss lenses than
NASCAR race cars are actually Fords and Chevys?