Subject: Re: [Leica] Above AF
From: Tony Vezza <tv@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 18:26:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi ted,

U said:

>> one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to focus

Yes but one does need to have reasonable eyesight.
The older I get the more attractive this sounds.

Note that this electronics might not be very expensive.
A focus indicator WITHOUT all the mechanical motors
and such, would cost a fraction of a full blown auto
focus system. I would have them use, or start with, an
electronic rangefinder from perhaps an existing leica
say the minilux. Of course you are probably correct,
that anything leica does, would be expensive.

I think that this would nicely straddle the old with
the new. Allowing a very new M camera that is compatible
in every way with ALL the old lenses and is still
mechanical!

tv