Subject: Re: R: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 21:55:30 -0600

At 01:21 PM 1/31/98 -0500, you wrote:=20

> The different approaches to photography are amazing.=A0 National=
 Geographic
> photographers take the opposite approach.=A0 They usually shoot 200 - 400
rolls
> of film for each story.

True, though an essay Jim Richardson did recently was much more spare in=
 film
usage. Jim Stanfield and Bill Allard often go well over a thousand rolls for=
shoot. But that is changing. National Geographic's bean counters are beating
the photographers down to six week essays rather than six months. Expect a
concomitant reduction in quality of images. The director of photography, Tom
Kennedy, was fired over the issue. They'll still be great, but there's only=
 so
much even they can do with such restrictions (which I can only wish I had).
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.