Subject: Early b/w & bright sun shine photography (was Re:[Leica] Noctilux)
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 20:47:25 +0100

Ted, Donal,

Though pictures taken during overcast days may correspond to early
European photography, there are very famous examples of b/w shooting
during bright sun light - coming from your country.

You need to switch to the movies: In the early 40's, specially
Orson Wells, presented several examples of well-known and very good
photographed, bright b/w sun light movies (i.e. "It's all true").

Following later, but unforgotten also, Hollywoods famous "black series".

While Orson Wells movies could be interpreted as sequence of b/w
photographies, the black series showed clear episodes. But, all are
very good examples of bright sun light b/w photography, which are - most
of the times - composed as fine as HCB's pictures.

Alf