Subject: Re: [Leica] Help! Leica R8 problem!
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 98 22:22:25 -0500

TM wrote

>This morning I shot three photos of a company-terminated client (who is
>a Leica fanatic) with my new R8. Upon attempting to advance the 36-shot
>roll of Koday Royal Gold 200 to the next frame, the advance lever would
>not do same and the shutter release button would not do its thing. The
>frame number showing in the viewfinder window is #13. Have any of you
>LUG members encountered this with the R8 yet? If so, do you have any
>suggestions as to fixing it, other than sending it back to NJ for
>repairs? In advance, thanks, thanks, thanks!

Be sure the back is firmly closed and latched.  This hapened to me right
after I got my R8 and after pressing hard on the back it started to work
agian. The back was closed and latched, but I guess there is a second
latch or something.  I also had shot a few frames then it froze up, I
can't remember if the advance also froze or not, but I do remember that
it would not fire or anything until I pressed the back firmly.

HTH

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto