Subject: Re: [Leica] Old vs new 'R' Lenses
From: BenTroGa@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 21:13:34 EST

James:  I have used one of the old 180/2.8's since 1973 and can tell you it is
an excellent  lens (altho' heavy).

I could take Tri-x in D76 1/3 frame and enlarge it to 20"x24" and you could
see the dimples on a football at midfield.  Clearly!

If someone says that lens is not worth the price, either they are using a
different lens or they need to go to the optometrist.

Bottom line: heavy, but wonderful, and focuses down very close as well. I love
mine.

Next ; the Minilux.  I'm on roll #4 with just point/shoot and am so far very,
very happy.  No lens comparison tests yet, but I'll compare it with my M's and
R's and will get back with you.

Bennett