Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 0.85 Announcement
From: "Fantoni, Ernesto" <Fantoni@PHIBRED.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:20:43 -0600

Hans Pahlen wrote:
>>The only negative thing I can think of is that the eye might not see the
>>whole 35 mm frame, especeially for people who wear glasses. (Like the
>>present 28 mm frame, but not that bad).

Maybe you are right, but Leica intends this camera as a complement of
the current M6. So for 28 or even 35mm you can use the current one, I
think the new one will soon became a "must" for the M fast lenses longer
than 50mm. I'm personally planning to buy one for my coming Summi
75.Until this announcement became public I thought to buy an M3 to go
with the Summi 75, but the new .85  has the built in meter:much more
comfortable! (I still think to get an M3 sooner or later, but mainly for
historical reasons). I can say the new .85 is the camera I was waiting
for.
And Leica knows these:an italian dealer said to me few days ago that in
a Leica dealer's meeting held in 1994, people from Solms announced some
new M6 in the coming years, not to replace but just to complement the
current model. They were sure every M6 owner would have bought some new
model just for complementing his arsenal or as a backup body with some
different or more specialized feature.

Ernesto