Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 0.85 Announcement
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 20:50:38 EST

 The discussion about the designation of the new M6/O,85 is interesting. I
figured out that it should be a M 5,1 ( 6x 0,85) !! They most likely would not
use that designation but call it the M6HM ( high magnification). I have been
pushing for that model in plain black since the M6J came out. It will serve as
an excellent 2nd body for 50's and longer lenses, particularly the 75/1,4. As
soon as I get mine I will post my impressions of it on the LUG. It will also
be a boon to all Nocti users. The larger finder will make framing and focus
easier and I would be tempted to get one strictly set up for the Nocti. Have
the focus finetuned to the lens and use it as a lowlight camera.
 I have tried the M6J with the 35 and it works fine even with glasses. The
frames are slightly more visible than the 28 frames in the regular M6 and the
M was never a "precise" framing camera anyway.
 Maybe they have incorporated the on/off switch on the meter that I have been
longing for too. Nah, that would be too much to wish for.
Tom A