Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 21:52:25 -0600

At 02:38 PM 1/29/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I think you're starting to confuse a bunch of us with your followon question:
>
>>From what I keep reading here, the 50/2 Summicron-R is THE standard for its
>ilk.

I didn't say that.

>I also think you're extremely generalizing the last statement, that the
>lenses are "vastly superior to Nikon's Lineup".

The lenses Leica has been bringing out in the recent past (100 Apo macro,
280 f/4 Apo Telyt, 70-180 2.8, 105-280 f/4.2, 35 Summilux ASPH, 21 ASPH, 24
ASPH, 35 Summicron ASPH, 180 f/2 Apo Summicron, etc. are vastly superior to
Nikon's lenses, for the most part.

Not all, but most.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Pi R Squared? No Pi R round, Cornbread R Square!