Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 0.85 Announcement
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:04:23 -0800

Dan Cardish wrote:

> (referring to the new .85 M6)
>
> Am I the only one thinking that just maybe this camera will be a sales
>
> flop, resulting in outlandish auction sales 10 years from now?

Yes, you might be the only one thinking that the .85 will be a sales
flop.  Of course,  time will tell--you could be right.

A lot of people  seem to  think Leica finally hit it right on the head
with a quality M6 update.   The extra focusing accuracy is really needed
with the 50/1 and 75/1.4,  while it will also improves the focusing
accuracy of the 50/1.4 and 90/2.

Not that  I don't think MANY things could be added, but at least they
finally made an important and useful improvement to their camera lineup
beyond some ridiculous commemorative.

Stephen Gandy