Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic (slightly)
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:29:23 -0500

My (limited) experience indicates otherwise. The ability to see outside the
frame with an M camera is ideal in this situation.

BTW, I've taken a few nice BB shots with a 21 SA from nearly right under
the basket. For "kiddie" BB the refs usually don't interfere unless you get
right on the playing area.

kw

>Ouch! None of them are ideal for basketball. This is the domain of fast SLR
>glass. Though I am tempted to try my 75mm Summilux for fun some time. What
>I do I'll report what 10 yeras of shooting LOTS of basketball can do for me
>and an M6. My preference for basketball is a 90 Summicron R, or 180
>Elmarit. Minimum for mid to other end of the court is 280 2.8 Apo Telyt.
>
>>Indoors (Gym)....what is the quick and easy (no flash) color print film of
>>choice for this kind of work?
>
>There is one, and only one choice, in most gyms. Unless the light is bright
>enough to shoot 400 Fujicolor, use Fujicolor 800 and if you have access to
>pushing, shoot it at 1600 or 3200. Keep the shutter speeds at 1/500 if
>possible.  Nothing wider than a 50mm lens will work, the referees won't let
>you get closer.
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>