Subject: Re: [Leica] Chance from R to Nikon?
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:09:15 +0100

At 08:21 29/01/1998 -0500, you wrote:
><< I'll be able to get mattrix metering with a leica lens...
> Thib. >>
>
>>That's why they made the R8 ! You're right. Did you see the price?
Assuming that I'm a scientific photographers that requires shooting at
around 10 fps, how do I proceed with the R8? Maybe I should buy an
Abrahamson winder... and go for body building....

>Nikon always proudly advertise that they kept the same bayonet sinds the
>60's.
>But you can't use an current (1998) AIS lens on a F5 with matrix.
No, but with the F4, you can! Even with an older if you modify it!

>But with the R8 it's possible to use a 1933 Hektor 135/4,5 with the
>"matrix".
Sure, but you need to measure at real aperture...Is there enough light
passing through the 1933 Hektor to activate the mattrix? I don't think the
mattrix will read through the fungus..(sorry)!