Subject: Re[3]: [Leica] supposed to be a Leica M group
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:53:57 -0500

Art Peterson wrote:

<<<<So, the quality of Leica lenses is such that they enable pictures to
     be taken in ambient light where the lenses of equal speed from other
     manufacturers require "a zillion mega candles of light from strobes,"
     is that correct?>>>>>>>>

Excuse me folks!

Seeing that I'm the moron who made the original comment about simply using
a Noctilux to shoot KR 64 indoor action of an NHL hockey game where the
exposure was 1/500th @ f.1. and it had nothing to do with anyone elses f.1
lenses ( I don't believe there are "TOO MANY OF THEM!"

And the mega zillion candles was supposed to be a "form of humour" for
crying out loud and you guys are making it sound like its some big deal!

First off the comment is right!

 (read the following carefully!!)

If any of the other media photgraphers who were covering that game were to
be shooting KR 64 and they weren't using the "NOCTILUX OR SOME OTHER
MANUFACTURERS F.1 LENS" they'd have had to use a great big pile of strobe
equipment!  Unless of course they were shooting "swishy pans of action!" to
acquire those beautiful blurry things that no one really understands:)

Been there done that!  And stringing strobes to light the likes of the
Montreal Forum or Vancouver Coliseum is a big pain in the ass! And it does
take a pile of strobe power to do it!

So relax already, I merely wanted to illustrate that because I had a
Noctilux I could shoot ASA 64 film indoors where others feared to tread!
Unless they were using strobes or high speed transparency or colour neg
film. OR THEY HAD A LIKE LENS! :)

This whole thing started out as another Noctilux hockey story to go with
one posted by Ben in using a Noctilux at a hockey game!!

Someone missed the point of this ....so just relax man it's no big deal!

ted