Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Enlarging lenses/ a flat field is better for macro
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:29:55 -0500

Theoretically, any symetrical lens should make a decent enlarging lens; if
the field on one side is flat enough for the film, and enough for the
subject side, it figures that it would work much the same way on the
enlarger. When I had Nikon, I used a reversing ring on some of their lenses
because they were asymetrical and reversing but the flattest field part of
the lens up front where it really counted.
IMHO,
Dan'l :)
dwpost@msn.com