Subject: Re: [Leica] supposed to be a Leica M group
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:20:18 -0800

Donal,

>Don't understand why, since you shoot mostly architecture, you use Leica
>Ms.  I can see Canon for the T/Ss.  I can see view cameras (medium or
>large format).  I can see panoramas.  I can see Hassy flexbody.  But
>Leica M?

I have a Canon TS, Nikon PC's, as well as a range of MF and LF cameras with
lots of shifts and twiddles, but if someone wants 35mm slides of subjects
that have to be taken with a 21 or 15, and distortion would show, I take
them with Leica M if at all possible. Most clients really don't understand
distortion, and some of them don't care; but as usual, it's important to
always have somewhat higher standards than your clients. Also, nothing
beats a Leica M with a Hologon to take pictures from the inside of
architectural models. My Nikon with 15/3.5 would crush the model; even the
M with 21SA is a lot smaller than Nikon with 20/2.8. The other Leica lenses
are mostly for my own enjoyment. BTW, the Hasselblad Flexbody looks to me
like a solution in search of a need. Maybe if you have a lot of unemployed
H' lenses...

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com