Subject: [Leica] OFF TOPIC - Digital
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:09:13 CST

LUGs,

As usual, I am several months behind some of the convservations we have
on the lug. I have a basic digital question (s).  I have a lot of slides
and have been thinking about the probability of scanning these for the
kids so that they could see them on their computer or TV screens.
Whether it would be practical for me involves the following:

	(1) How much resolution would be necessary if they were viewed on
a 	24"-32" TV screen - and have as good a picture as  normally
seen??

	(2) In JPEG how big a file would this be??

	(Thinking of recording on CD-R or optical disks)

Please respond (if anyone is interested) to me by private e-mail:
n5xrd@juno.com

Thanks, now back to Leica.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]