Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summicron R's
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 00:18:36 -0500

Fred,
 I have both as well, and did get the third cam added to the Wetzlar lens.
Both are stellar performers, and even though I've only enlarged to 11x14
with them, I would say that they were equal in quality. I do favor the newer
one, however, as the older one has the reversible hood, and notched cap-
sort of cumbersome at times. The 35mm has the same hood, and with it, I
leave the hood on, and cover the front with an old cap for the 135/2.8-R I
had which fits the 35/50 hood.
The newer one is so much simpler to use- slip off the cap- pull out the
attached hood! I'm not totally retro!
Personally, I don't think you'd be able to see the differences in the photos
from the two lenses if they are both in the same shape. It's a matter of
convenience and personal taste. How's that for a 'weasly' answer!?
Cheers,
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com