Subject: Re: [Leica] speed of leica lenses & shutter speed
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:53:37 -0600

At 10:17 PM 1/23/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Could he be referring to trying to frame and compose with the mirror up? I
>would certainly be easier to do that -- on a tripod -- before flipping up the
>mirror.

No. With the R8, you hit the shutter release once, the mirror goes up, then
hit it again and it takes the picture then lets the mirror down. Wind,
start over. Really smooth. And the shutter is just a little "tick." Quieter
than the M6.

>BTW, Eric, how do possibly have time to read and respond to so many email
>messages, and still be a working photographer?

I have no life, get little sleep, and I type fast. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER