Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 1.4 R lenses
From: The Barkers <rbarker@polarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 21:55:13 -0800

Tom Kline Wrote:
 Very fast wide-angles are quite susceptable and may be a reason
>why 35mm is the shortest 1.4 available for Leicas. However I wish they
>would come out with a 24 1.4 M lens anyway. C has just released a new 24
>1.4 and N has 28 1.4 already.
>Tom
- --------------------------------

I want to 2nd Tom's suggestion.  Over the years we've seen one after the
other improved 28mm lenses, but all 2.8.  The particular domain that M
cameras excel is in low light use.  I switch to SLRs for wider faster
lenses, the f 2 24mm and f 2 28mm and use them wide open a lot.  Sure, the
faster lenses arn't going to be quite as good as slower lenses - but if
Leica could make a good 35mm 1.4 in 1960, they could make an f 2 or faster
28mm now.

    Jim

James H. Barker (Jim) - jbarker@polarnet.com
High Latitude Documentary / Ethnographic Photography
Fairbanks, Alaska