Subject: Re: [Leica] Diopter for M series
From: edwardk9@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Edward Kowaleski)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:11:37 -0500 (EST)

Nikon and Hasselblad diopters provide correction for the field encompassed
by those cameras.  If you are using a -2 diopter on a Nikon N90, for
example, and it looks good when placed over the viewfiender of a M6, it
doesn't not mean that Leica's -2 Diopter will give you the equivalent
correction.  I use a Leica +.5 correction on my M6 and a Nikon +.5
correction on an N90; the corrections work fine for those cameras but if
you place the Nikon +.5 correction diopter over the M6 viewfinder, you get
something different than the Leica +.5 diopter.

To get the proper correction on your M6 go to a good Leivca dealer who
stocks the correction diopters and try them until you get a good visual
fit.  Good luck.