Subject: Re: [Leica] M viewfinder considerations
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:39:45 EST

<HTML>I am new to Leicas, but I must say that I like the M6 viewfinder for
wide angle and normal lenses.  It seems that there are compromises in
everything in life, and no viewfinder has everything.  I am quite happy with
the M6 as it is for these lenses.  I am also looking forward to getting a .85
version for the 90 and 135.  The alternative would be a completely different
viewfinder system like the zoom system in the G2 - but that has limitations
also and would not be applicable to a Leica camera.  No complaints here....<BR>
<BR>
Tom Shea<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<< <FONT  COLOR="#000000" BACK="#fffffe" SIZE=3>In my view, the existing M6
(M4-P) viewfinder's 35mm frame is just about<BR>
 right, I really don't see much more around it with my naked eye.<BR>
 Followingly, I find that with the 28mm lens, overlooking the whole image<BR>
 are is quite difficult, precise framing becoming quite a task.<BR>
 At least myself, I have to tweak my eye around. It doesn't feel right. So I<BR>
 feel that the current - 0.72 - viewfinder is in fact optimal for the 35mm<BR>
 lens. Isn't the new -0.85- viewfinder just going to make overviewing the<BR>
 whole frame more difficult (with the benefit of more magnification, of<BR>
 course). Has anyone on the list had this camera in his or her hand yet?<BR>
 </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" BACK="#FFFFFF" SIZE=3> >><BR>
</HTML>