Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in New Orleans?
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 98 22:37:36 -0500

Corey Levenson wrote

>	I'm off to New Orleans next week and wondered whether any list
>subscribers knew of interesting photo-oriented shops. I'm into the
>screw-mount stuff but not exclusively (any good used book stores with
>strong photo sections?).

Somewhere in N.O., outside the French Quarter - maybe near Tulane? Can't
remember it was 2am and I was already pretty toasted when we gt there:),
there is, or was, a bar that is a "photographers" bar.  Bill Haber of the
AP took me there with Stephan Savoia (one of the 5 or 6 APes to win the
Pulitizer for the coverage of the Clinton :( campaign  in 1992) and about
6 other shooters after a Falcons v Saints wildcard playoff game in 1991.
Anyway, the owner of this bar is a huge fan of photographers and she
hangs their photos on the walls.  There are many great shots printed by
the photographers, a few of the photos are pulitzers, many award winning
sports shots(World Press and Photos of the Year) ect there.  I wish I
could remember the name, I'll call a few old deep south friends and see
if I can come up with it this weekend.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto