Subject: Re: [Leica] speed of leica lenses & shutter speed
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:42:02 CST

Francesco,

 >The R8 does have that nice mirror lock-up feature though, but I have
>never
>tried
>it handheld yet......does anyone use it that way?

Yes, when I had my R8  it was one of the things that I really liked.
Slight push, mirror up - another slight push and take the picture -
quietest and best shutter I have seen on a camera.  I have taken low
light pictures down to 1/4 s as well as I have gotten with the m6.
Didn't try it down to 1 s, although I have gotten usable pictures with
the M6.

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK