Subject: Re: [Leica]Bellows
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:19:53 -0800

Gary Todoroff wrote:

> I also visited friends in the Dalles as a kid in the 50's - what a
> beautiful spot (tho a bit windy)! If only Lewis and Clark had packed a
> Leica or two to record the pristine country they saw!

Gary,
This summer I bought at an antiquarian map store in Hawaii etchings from
a book published in the 1800s documenting the survey done before
building the railroad down the Gorge.  The drawings are absolute
stunning, romantic, beautiful.  Maybe Leica made the etching tools.  The
next best things to Lewis and Clark.  I gave one each to daughters to
remember an important influence on my life, and kept one for myself

donal

- --
Donal Philby
San Diego