Subject: Re[5]: [Leica] deception -- None
From: The Barkers <rbarker@polarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:45:02 -0800

>     I would suggest, again, that if the time difference were significant,
>     photographically speaking (regardless of whatever the tested number of
>     milliseconds is), the historical photojournalistic record would not be
>     so preponderantly full of photographs taken with Nikon SLR cameras.
>
>     Art Peterson

Art - I think you are correct here, there actually is a time difference,
but minimumal.  Most professionals who use Leica M cameras do not go into
the field with them alone - I don't.  They are much too limited in what
they can do.  I use them along side SLRs.
   By the way, a few years ago we ran some cold weather testing here of,
among other things, the R6. (All mechanical)  I was appalled at the long
delay it had and ruled it out as a choice for spontaneous work.   Jim

James H. Barker (Jim) - jbarker@polarnet.com
High Latitude Documentary / Ethnographic Photography
Fairbanks, Alaska