Subject: Re: [Leica] Multi-Pop
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 16:25:13 -0500

Tom wrote:

<<<<<Is this the same sort of Editor who will ask you for a photograph of
something the only exsists in her mind?>>>>>>

Tom, they are all like that! :)

I had to endure one like that with the wildest hypothetical picture
imagination that you could believe and hell he didn't even have a mind to
go along with it! Let alone to cope with any kind of normalicy of the
day.:)

This guy was so bad, that to accomplish some of the pictures he thought we
could just pop out the door and take, we would have required the very best
of the "TITANTIC" computer generating imagerary equipment.

When you would look at him as though he was stupid, he would just say,
"well if you can't do it, we'll get someone who can!". I just smiled and
walked away, as I knew in thirty seconds he wouldn't remember what he had
said anyway! :)

The final straw was one day he brought a spade to the photo unit and told
us how he wanted to see a Government Minister using the shovel in the
photo.

I immediately suggested it was such a wnderful day, "why don't you come
along for some fresh air and sit in on the shoot?"  He did and when we got
there and things were ready I handed him the shovel and said quietly, "It
would have more meaningful if you as the editor asked the Minister what you
want him to do with the shovel." So dummy did.

And before anyone could say anything the Minister said, "Excuse me do you
think I want to look stupid in this picture? Forget it!"

I just smiled and took over and the shot was done very quickly. We didn't
get asked to do too many stupid things after that. And he sure as hell
didn't go with any of the photo crew anywhere after that. Although a couple
of guys tried to get him out again.:)

I've never had a problem with editors who are visually astute and picture
smart, it's the dummies who because they are the editor, are totally
picture illiterate and visually challenged!  Or in some case the "art
director" who think they know it all about photography, simply because they
are the editor.

I learned to merely roll with them and try what they ask and then I just
did my own thing as I saw the scene, shooting it my way. Life's too short
to let visually impaired editors get you all worked up.

ted