Subject: [Leica] R5 vs. R7
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 11:50:23 -0600

Hello Folks,
I'm an amateur who's hobby has been photography since I bought a used Contax
IIa in 1955.
The two reflex cameras I own are an SL and an SL/2.  I'd like to replace the
SL in order to obtain a winder/auto exposure/data back etc.  I originally
thought about an RE or an R5 rather than an R7 because the R7 seems too big
and heavy.
However, I have been photographing my wifes extensive figurine collection
using a Metz 45CT-4 and it became apparent that having a TTL flash
capability would be nice.
I'd appreciate any information on the differences between the R5 and R7 and
if the R7 has a TTL flash capability as I believe it does.
TIA,
Bud Cook