Subject: [Leica] Contax G stuff
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:46:44 -0800

1.  The G list has not been very active lately.

2.  The G series lenses are outstanding and would be comparable in photo
quality to Leicas.  I have used the 28, 35, and 90, and still own the last
two.  The only issue that has come up is corner sharpness of the 35 at wide
open aperature.  That issue, for most real life situations, is truly a
"corner case"!

I wrote a short article to the G list comparing my Contax 35 to summicron-r
(series vii) and my Contax 90 to 100 f4 macro.  My subjects were autumn
trees and the surrounding street.  The photos were indistinguishable for
sharpness and color rendition.

3.  Long term toughness is still unknown, as not many people have dropped
theirs and wrote about their results.  Certainly, the bodies are more
delicate than the M's as there is a lot more electronic content that can be
jarred.
John