Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] RE: Summicron 50 mm question
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:27:21 -0500

     Am I the only one who finds Leica's collapsable rubber lens hoods most
     useful and convenient (e.g., for the 40mm Summicron-C and 90mm Elmar-C
     and also P/N 11250 for the 90mm Elmarits), and who therefore continues
     to wonder why Leica does not make much wider use of them (with snap-on
     lens caps that really do stay put)?

     And, on a different topic, am I the only one who finds that having the
     shutter speed dial coaxial with the shutter button and overhanging the
     front edge of the camera was the M5's one point of design superiority
     (over other M cameras), and who therefore wonders why that one design
     feature should not be incorporated into the M6?

     Art Peterson