Subject: [Leica] 90mm M 2.8 question. Should I buy?
From: Gabe Sachs <egabe@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:31:26 -0800

Hello all.

Yesterday I met someone who wanted to downsize his equipment and was
selling a few Leica pieces.  He had what appeared to be an almost Mint on
the outside 90mm Elmarit 2.8 M lens which I was interested in.  I then
looked at the glass.  There were no external scratches on either side but I
saw 2 tiny lens separation marks.  He told me that he brought it to someone
that said that I would never notice these marks in my pictures at all and
it's a sharp lens.  I always worry about buying things like that.  Can
anyone help me out?  The price was amazing though...I think...$300.00 with
caps.   Let me know any thoughts.

Gabe