Subject: [Leica] Need some great slide rilm recommendations please.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:33:38 -0500

Gabe wrote:

<<<<I love Velvia and now I'm looking for a slide film that I will love as
much that is faster and will do wonders for skin tone.>>>>

Gabe,

You may not have got it out yesterday, but I'm sure the returns are going
to be wild! :)

My choice as I love the film in both versions is Kodak 100S and 100SW!

I'm not much of a player around with different films like some folks (I
don't mean you ) and when I find one that works, I stick to it like glue
and work it to death until I feel I know what I can squeeze out of it and
what I can't.  Example, the new Kodak 200 E! So far some very interesting
results, but a bit more under different situations is required before I'd
use it completely comfortable. I don't mean that it would replace the
100SW, but to see how it works "PUSHING" it 3 stops to 800!

First results are quite interesting, but I need a few more rolls before I'm
convinced I can get away using this 200 E6 film at 800 under daylight
conditions, through windows or outdoors.

A bit more than you bargained for, but give the 100S & SW a try.

ted