Subject: Re: [Leica] Fewer frames in M6 viewfinder ?
From: T Loizeaux <LoizCren@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:16:12 +0000

Nick Hunter wrote:

> It seems the criticism of the M6 finder has been along two lines. The tele
> frames are too small (the .85 answers this), and the wide frames are
> "cluttered"; that is to say each wide angle has a distracting smaller frame
> inset.
>
> Here's my idea: an M6 with the current magnification, but only the 28/35/50
> lines. this would be "do-able". There would then be three finder options...
>
>Nick Hunter

Nick,
	Interesting idea, however I only want to carry, or own, one Leica body.
My first choice would be an M6 with a frame line for the 28, 50, & 90mm
lenses. It was explainded to my by another poster that that would be
impossible. My second choice would be an M6 with frames for a 35, 50 &
90mm lens. It appears that this would be possible, no with the 0.85
viewfinder, which would require blackening out only the 135 frame.
It would be nice if Leica offered us options for the frames we wanted in
an effort to match the viewfinders to our lens choices. Most M users
settle on the lenses they want to live with.

Tom