Subject: Re: [Leica] Fewer frames in M6 viewfinder ?
From: T Loizeaux <LoizCren@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 21:53:40 +0000

Lucien_vD wrote:

>  2) I don't see how to blacking the extra frame. The frame mechanism
> in the Leica M is very delicate and IMO impossible to modify except
> at the factory.
> I will not try anyway.
>
> Lucien
> BELGIUM

I believe the markings for the frames are on a small piece of glass
mirror that is blacked out except for the frame markings. Painting over
the markings for the frame one doesn't want to see seems to be simple
enough .
I like the feature in my M2 where I see only the frame that corresponds
to the lens that is mounted...isn't that the feature that validates the
viewfinder design in the first place ? Seeing more than one frame at a
time diminishes the simplicity and precision of the Leica M.

Tom