Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summilux R
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:27:12 -0500

Leo:

I recently purchased an R3 with the 50 Summilux. I was VERY impressed with
the lack of any visible flare when shooting wide open against some light
bulbs in my living room. I haven't shot it enough to compare other
attributes to the M or R Summicron, but noticed no glaring defects.

kw

>Alf, Erwin, others,
>
>I went back to the shop this weekend and decided for a 1973 SL. Not
>for the Summicron though, as it would overlap with my Summicron-M.
>Instead I bought a clean 1971 1.4/50 Summilux-R.
>
>This may have been somewhat impulsive. Actually I know very little
>about the qualities of this Summilux-R. I remember Erwin Puts stating
>that the 50 Summilux-M is underrated. What is the word about the "R"
>Erwin?
>
>The first roll is in the camera now and I will let you LUGgers know
>how it goes from here.
>
>Thanks again,
>Leo Verwoerd <leover@knoware.nl>
>
>>Thanks Alfred and other LUGgers for your kind advice. I think I go for
>>the SL if it is still there over the weekend.
>>
>>>I was offered a Leica SL plus a 2/50 Summicron for $625...
>
>Leo Verwoerd <leover@knoware.nl>

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>