Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Storage
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:01:57 -0600

At 06:38 PM 1/10/98 -0500, you wrote:

>eveready cases. Is there any problem with this ? A fellow I met in the
>camera shop today thinks its wise to store the bodies outside the case with
>the lens removed (with a body cap on) and store the lens with the caps on
>seperataly. I would like the groups advise on this. Thanks in advance (and
>for all the great info I get on the list).

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Though I don't even own
never-ready cases. They are well mis-named. When you have it on, that's
when the big picture happens. By the time you get the camera out of the
case, the picture's gone. As far as leaving lenses on cameras, how in the
world could that cause a problem? Taking the lens on and off the camera, as
little wear as that creates, just creates more wear and tear. Forget it. If
you store the camera for more than a month, do take the battery out,
though. They can leak with disuse.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Cooperation can only be reached if we work together