Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Leica] HCB article
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 16:25:39 -0500 (EST)

We want to know something about the person
behind a famous name, whether it is good or bad.  Why else do people read
biographies? --Dan C.
Dan,

A well-written or photographed biography tells us about those elements in an
artist's life that impacted his or her art. That's why I enjoy biographies.
That knowledge permits me to appreciate the work all the more. A good
biography allows me to witness the process thru which the artist went before
he achieved success. Who among his contemporaties influenced him. Which
events bore down upon him. How did politics play in his life -- if at all.
Biographies can answer those questions and make understanding of the artist's
work more incisive. But all this is frosting on the cake. There's a lot to be
said for good pastry.

But the bread, the bread -- ah, that is the art itself. HCB is one of the
world's great French bakers of all time.

Bob

Bob

Bob