Subject: Re: [Leica] SL FINDER
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 23:45:41 -0800

At 09:32 AM 1/8/98 +0800, Kai Ling OH wrote:

>I  have never handle a SL, but I was told that SL finder is dimmer compared
>to SL2 and R bodies. Could someone give some insight? Thanks.

The finder on my SL is brighter than the finders in my R6 and R6.2.  I've
read an account of this; the reason had to do with the more modern cameras
having screens cut so they won't black out at the smaller apertures of
(slow) zoom lenses, where the SL screen is cut for the f/2.8 aperture of
the Elmarits.  For some reason this requires having a dimmer screen on the
modern cameras.  Plus ca change, plus ca go downhill.

- -Patrick