Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter Problem??
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 21:57:03 -0500

Joe Stephenson said:

>I'm not an expert, but years ago I had a similiar problem with an Exacta. It
>was a sutter problem that only occured at certain faster sutter speeds. I
>forget where it started, but I think it was 1/500. I continued to use the
>camera at lower shutter speeds, but eventually the shutter failed completly.
>Good luck, but I fear you may be headed to the camera repair facility of your
>choice.

Ted & Joe,

Both of these suggestions make sense to me, and I'll get back to you when
I've tested another roll or two of film.  I'll keep a log of the exposures.

Unfortunately, I've had trouble with this camera a number of times before.
The last time was two Summers ago while on vacation in Italy.  Film-advance
jammed on the first day and I was stuck without a backup.  Man, I was angry!

In a month, I'm on my way to the Caribbean.  No time for a shipment back to
Leica USA. Think I'll take my Nikon SP and a lightmeter, or maybe the
Elph...:(

Thanks for the imput,
Rich