Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M shutter repairs
From: Joebikes <Joebikes@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 20:45:42 EST

My Toyo view camera started to get light leaks at the corners of the bellows.
I went to an "art store" and bought a small jar of black textile paint. It is
designed to be flexible when dry and quite thick and opaque. It extended the
life of my bellows by about five years. A good trick. It might work on your
sutter, too. Experiment on a similar piece of material before going at the
camera. You might need to thin the stuff a bit. It is water soluble when wet.

Good luck,
Joe Stephenson