Subject: [Leica] Leica M shutter repairs
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 22:58:23 +0200

Greetings all

I hope that somebody can give me some advice. I added a fourth Leica M to
the arsenal today through some exchange of redundant Nikon equipment. The
camera is an M4 chrome in very nice condition except for a single minute
pinhole in the shutter blind because of the 'sun in the magnifying glass'
effect. The hole is really tiny, and can only be seen by shining a very
bright light through the camera in a darkened room.

I wonder if someone could advise whether to patch it (if so with what) or if
is should have the curtain replaced. The camera is going to get extensive
pro usage so it's more important it's reliable than that it looks
beautiful!!!

Best wishes

Harold

Visit my web site at:
http://hgphoto.home.ml.org

You can send a short text message to my cellphone by sending e-mail to
0837004303@sms.co.za.
Please ensure that mail sent for this purpose is in plain text only.

My e-mail addresses are as follows:
haroldgess@journalist.com
gess@icon.co.za
Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!