Subject: [Leica] Re: 80-200 Zoom
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 07:55:09 -0800

I used the original 2x extender, not the APO.  It fits without damage to
either unit.  I knew that it would not be optimal, but I don't have an APO
extender. Also, the instructions don't explicitly state NOT to use this
component, it's just not mentioned because of its vintage.  I imagine that
this extender was not great with any lens...

 The lens used by itself seems fine, although I've only used the lens for a
couple of weeks.  The subjects I've taken cannot help me evaluate the color
quality of the lens (sunsets, clouds - I've taken great pictures with all
brands of lenses).  Haven't had a chance to shoot people subjects with the
bad weather and all.  The lens is sharp, however.

I'm not sure I like the packaging.  I'm partial to one-touch zooms like the
preceding 70-210, but chose this new one because of its better manufacturing
by Kyocera and supposedly better optics.

John