Subject: [Leica] Bill, I use an old CPE 2 [15 years old] and have a
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:05 +1100

Bill,
I use an old CPE 2 [15 years old] and have a lift on it. The lift is =
vital. I glued mine on a little crooked, and then thought-- oh well next =
time I'll be more careful. That was 14 years ago and although the slow =
setting speed is a bit dicey, It somehow keeps chugging along. I usually =
turn it on an hour or so before using it and the temperature gauge has =
been left in a suitable position now for many years. I check all =
temperatures on the chemicals with a fine thermometer however and refill =
the water baths with a large jug full of almost heated water to keep from =
causing a shift in the water bath during processing. The tanks are very =
good, the reels are OK and obviously I cannot complain about the longevity =
;-)
I think I would like the larger unit if I ever build my dedicated =
darkroom, but for the work I do now [mostly E6 and b/w negs] it works well.

Cheers

Alastair.