Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleanest Leica Wide-Angle
From: Joebikes <Joebikes@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:06:14 EST

Dear André Jean,

My ideas.
1. I agree. This is an excellent lstsrv.
2. M6, 28 mm, 50 mm f2. No accessory viewfinder needed. Relatively
inexpensive. They seem well able to do what you say you want in #5. If you
want a built-in meter, you have to get an M6 or an M5 (or 4?). All Leica
lenses are excellent. Classic status seems to depend more on quanity than
quality. Both are faster than f2.8.
3. I never use lenses longer than 50mm on a Leica.
4. Sounds like a job for the 50mm, or possibly the 35mm.
5. Yes, Leica's feel good.

I would certainly get one or two lenses and use them for some time before
considering additional lenses. I love the simplicity, light weight, and
limited space requirements provided by keeping it to two lenses and one
camera.

I will be curious to hear what other LUG members have to say. Everyone seems
to have ideas on this topic. The good news is that all Leica lenses will
produce beautiful images.