Subject: Re: [Leica] Also a 1938 Leica, I think?
From: LP6 <LP6@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 14:37:50 EST

Charlie and Alf:  Thanks for Feedback!

The Serial # :  27157X (Body) ?

The Serial #:  42978X? (Lens) ?

I found the Lens Serial #  to be (hardly visibly - even with a  magnifying
lens) deeply  engraved, at  about 9:00 o'clock . into the front surface of the
black retaining ring holding the Elmar lens.

Now, does this give us any more information on this camera ?

(Off topic:  This "outfit" came to me via  a  German Judge who fled Berlin in
the 1930s as a political enemy of Hitler's gang,  and who then become a
distinguished philosopher and writer whose work  has influenced my own!)

Leon

LP6@aol.com