Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: your mail
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 18:02 +0000 (PST)

Bruce Feldman:

> Cartier-Bresson strapped his to his wrist.  Joel Meyerowitz reports in
> one
> of his books that he saw some thief try to snatch one out of HC-B's
> Leica's out of his hand but since it was attached to his wrist he could
> not.  Thereupon HC-B actually threw the camera at him to scare him and
> rub in the failed attempt, but of course the Leica just bounced back
> into
> his hand.  HC-B just smiled.

Forgive me if I've mentioned this before here, but please PLEASE think
before strapping a camera to your body with anything too strong. Some
years ago there was a letter printed in one of the UK photo comics
recommending using a chain instead of a strap, to deter scooter mounted
thieves in Rome. The writer was clearly hoping for a Darwin Award
nomination...